Monday 28 April 2014

A Quick There & Back

Okay if that dang, dang, triple dang Mr. Insomnia guy doesn't bug off real soon I am going to bring in the "big guns" soon, once I figure out what "big guns" will work.  Not my usual 2:30 am wide awake last night, it was a 12:30 am wide awake the whole of the wee hours of the morning.

What possibly could make being wide awake most of the night? having to make a 2 1/2 hour trip down to the City and back home again this day.  Once Rob had made his morning calls, him and I headed out by 10:00 pm to Kitchener, only returning around about 5:00 am.

Once again there was no time to visit with our Son, Paul, nor either of our sisters.  Even worse I didn't even have time to make a trip out to Costco to get more puppy food, as Rob had only picked up 2 bags on his last trip down to the City, which will not be enough.

Why did we have to make a quick trip to the City?  Rob had to replace his very first Crabby Cabbie Taxi, "OLD BLUE" after almost 3 years coming up this August.

We first had to go to our mechanics where the vehicle was Rob had purchased a week before, as it had been left there to have the Safety done on it, then we had to go up to the MTO office to have the paperwork and plates registered on it.  There had been a very long line-up at the MTO office, however it went surprisingly very quickly.


Once down with the paperwork we had a quick lunch at the conveniently located Harvey's Restaurant in the same plaza.  Not the healthiest but at that point we had both needed something to sustain us.  On the way back to pick up the "new to us" vehicle, we also took advantage of Weston's Bakery being on the way, where we picked up some bread at a very good price, as well as a few other items.

Seven hours later we made it back home to where there were four very happy Aussies waiting to greet us.

In with the "NEW BLUE ", on the left, who is 2 years newer & an LX model, not a Sports as Old Blue was, & out with "OLD BLUE", who did us very proud with just over 400,000 km on her.  A little bit of sentiments will be attached to her as she gets towed from her spot in our lane way.


Other then a quick there & back into the City, our day was otherwise uneventful.  Photos along the way? I seen a few shots I had wanted to take, however there had been no time to spare to stop to take any..... another trip.

Tonight is the night the one program I enjoy watching is on, The MasterChef Canada.  I also enjoy watching The Vikings, which wraps up this Thursday for the Season.

I am off to put my feet up and relax for the evening, as I have lots of stuff on my plate needing done tomorrow, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Try to get as much rest as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go into the license bureau and renew my plates yesterday too. Why can I never remember to NOT go in there the last week of the month??? And then when I got there, only had the info. for the car, so the truck will have to stay parked until I get back.
    Are you turning off your electronic devices at least two hours before you hit the hay? Try eating some protein, like a bit of cheese, too. And don't forget to black out the windows somehow. Also, put a cloth over any clocks or other things that create unnescessary light in the bedroom. Lots of little tips that work for some people. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever relax???? I do hope so - you certainly deserve it. xxx

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...