Monday 12 May 2014

Heaven Is Real

The past few days many of my friends on Facebook have been commenting or posting photos of Orioles.  I had not seen one myself and was quite envious, as they are such beautiful unique birds.  Well....

I was shocked this morning when one landed on our deck.  Unfortunately I was not quick enough to get a "good" photo of it, but I was quick enough to put a feed and food out at the sighting.  I haven't had a bird yet ... geesh.


Today was the day my friend Pari and I were going to the Port Elgin Cinema's Matinee to take in the Move, Heaven is Real.  I first had to attend to some Crabby Cabbie business while down that way (no surprise there).

I had first stopped into Harringtons in Southampton where Loose Leaves is located as Joleen had ordered me in some Pumpkin Tea I was picking up.  Next stop was Lord Elgin's Fish & Chips in Port Elgin.  Lunch was soooo good !  We then had time for a very quick stop in at the Dollar Store before getting to the Cinema for the 1:30 pm matinee.


Heaven Is Real is an  AMAZING movie, a take off from its book form.  I cried throughout about half of it, as it was that touching and real.  I would recommend this movie for those of us who enjoy a heartfelt "real" story.  I am already looking forward to us going back for another Monday afternoon Matinee at the Port Elgin Cinema.

It was a great day spent with a great friend, who I love going out with.

Back home reality set in with feeding puppies and letting Aussies out and in.  Did I also mention my husband today? he had a bowl of cereal for his dinner tonight, the poor dear.

That is all she wrote, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

7 comments:

  1. We had an oriole stop by a couple of weeks ago, when a bit of our grass was free of snow. It was picking up seeds that had fallen out of the feeders. We had not had one here before. It stayed long enough for me to get a mediocre photo but we have not seen it since. Lots of goldfinches here though. They are my favourite bird. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin tea? That's a new one to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to go see "Heaven is real". I hope we can find time over the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a dead Oriole on the road yesterday..poor thing was so beautiful.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should put up an Oriole feeder (like the hummingbird, only orange) they will come to that... I don't think I have ever saw and Oriole at a feeder...also putting 1/2 of and orange on your railing they will come to that too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, yes I do realize this however I was hoping to start attracting some Rosebreasted Groosebeaks with the seed.

      Delete
  6. They are so beautiful - I wish we had them here! x

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...