Saturday 17 May 2014

Victoria Weekend Garage Sailing

 The Sun might have been out but the wind was cold .... a balmy 7*C today.  My poor Crabby Cabbie hadn't gotten home and to sleep until well after 2:30 am, only to get back up at 6:00 am to head back out again.

Lots I wanted to do today, but with it being Victoria Day Weekend, I knew it would be a Garage Sailing Day today.  I gave my neighbour a call and we headed on towards Wiarton about 10 am.  I am pretty certain we made several stops.  There is usually more Garage Sales this weekend in years past, however I am pretty certain the cold weather deterred some.

Pari made a few purchases.  I bought two brooches for my Mom, and some Yarn for a crafty friend of mine, and for myself I ....

.... added a new Antique Oil Lamp to my small collection.  Believe it or not, when the power goes out Rob and I put these lanterns to good use.  I liked this one, not really elaborate however unique in its own way.


We never arrived back home until about 12:30 pm.  My dear Rob was sleeping however got up shortly after I had came in.  We barely seen each other it seemed when he was out the door by 3:30 pm on a call.  I decided my day had been shot from the first time I had gone out that I might as well go on out again..  I called Pari again to see if she wanted to go out for a walk with me.  I bundled up, went to collect her and downtown Wiarton we headed again for the second time today.

What a beautiful day despite the coldness of the air.  We walked up around the top of Wiarton and down the North Hill back into town.


After our hour long walk I came home to make a light Dinner of Eggs and Toast for Rob while I had leftover Chicken and Brown Rice from the night before.

I had been going through some photos my Auntie had given me and came across some of my Mother and Father.

This was taken at the Walker House in Southampton on my Mom & Dad's 25th Wedding Anniversary.  I think I was about 10 years old then if the photo stamp of 1969 was right.  I laughed at the 2nd photo of my Mom as she must have been "q'd" to say CHEESE.  The young guy to my dad's left is my brother Allan.  


The part I remember that day was my brother and his wife having picking Mom, Dad and myself up on the pretence they were taking us out to Dinner in Owen Sound, and I guess it was a surprise when they went into the Walker House in Southampton.  The Cake I believe my oldest Sister Jeanne made, or it could have been my Sister-in-Law.  I will have to ask Jeanne as she will be sure to know.

I remember the dress Mom had on that day too.  Funny what sticks with us in our memories and what does not, isn't it?

I have had all the Aussies out for a run.  I am out of steam.  I HAVE to stay home tomorrow to get caught up on a few things.  With all the rain we have had we need some dry days soon or our lawns are going to be part of the hay fields soon, and the twitch grass is going to be my flower beds.

That is all she wrote, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shots of the surroundings!

    I've got a cousin who loves garage sales. Me, not so much. I was busy much of the day taking tulip shots.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...