Friday 29 August 2014

Road Trip With Poppa

Everyone had a fitful sleep last night but for me.  I thought sleeping in the RV on the new memory foam mattress topper I had purchased I would have slept like a baby.  I regret to say that did not work out the way I had planned.  Maybe I need to be busier and more tired by the time evening rolls around at the end of my days?  I don't know but that will be something I have to get working on with getting back to daily walks after my gall bladder has been removed and hopefully somewhat of a routine can begin in my Life (I am almost scared to think that a routine will ever be possible in my life again ... bahhhhhh).

I was out the RV door by 6 am to get in to look after our Aussies.  I had Lexus out when I happened to notice the amazing sky this morning.  I finished up as quick as I could to head back out with my camera to capture ...

....  the sight that took my breathe away.  It is amazing is it not?  the beauty of it all keeps me in "awe".


The remained of my morning was spent trying to keep some order within our home, even though it wasn't going to be anything describe by far as "neat as a pin", and more like a "hurricane wreck", but truly worth every minute of having Aiden and Connor here.

Once Rob had returned home from his regular morning run, we loaded up the boys to head on out on a ...

... road trip with Poppa.  It had been a one way 2 hour trip, and I must say our boys were very very good, and Portia? she slept on the floor at my feet the whole trip.


What Poppa went to check out did not pan out to his liking so we did an about round trip to head 'r back home.  By the time this was happening it had been lunch time, so A&W was our choice of lunch places along the way.

Going out to get us a seat, while Rob waited for our food, I told Aiden I would sit on the far side as some people might not like the pup close to them.  The lady beside us had said they like dogs, then said she knew me.  I must have looked astonished at that statement but then she went on to explain she knew me from my blog.  Well Elaine it was lovely to meet you today, and I was so happy you had spoke to me.  Elaine & her husband are from Toronto, and were visiting her brother in Mount Forest.  Elaine had came by my blog from someone else who had it as a favourite.  What are the odds of something like this happening? actually pretty darn good don't you think?


Elaine recently had a hip replacement and was telling me since she has experienced NO Arthritis pain since having it done.  So anyone out there who is maybe thinking having a hip replacement, please have faith there is life after surgery in some respects.  Thanks for sharing this with me Elaine, as it is always good to get more knowledge out there to others should they not know themselves, and lots of luck on your continued healing.

We got home mid-afternoon, with the boys and I turning around and heading right back out the door.  It had almost been 3 pm.

Aiden, Connor and I had to stop up at the Wiarton Home Building Centre, where the boys wanted their photo taken with the carved fawn.  Over in the flooring department they had a little fun sliding and dancing on the ceramic flooring.  That was fun watching them do that, and still brings a *smile* to my face.


Dinner?  we had Corn on the Cob, a Hot Dog, and Cheese & Crackers.  Dessert? an Ice Cream Bar.

Baths are over with, Aussies are all looked after for the last time this evening, and we are going to head out to the RV where hopefully I get to have a good night's sleep like Poppa and the boys, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, lovely to meet you and your family. You must be very proud of your grandsons. What a cutie little Portia is. Enjoyed chatting with you.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...