Sunday 31 August 2014

The Day Before Today

Last night I actually got to watch the second movie, or half of it, of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, the Two Towers.  I LOVE the Hobbit and the sequences after, reading all the books years ago, and now (a little behind) but watching the movies.  I will watch the 2nd half of the movie I couldn't stay past 11:30 pm to watch.

Now back to the photographs I took the day before today.

Aiden & Connor were surprised when their Dad, Liz, Chloe, Briar and Mercedes all arrived at noon yesterday, as they didn't think they were going to be leaving to come here until that time.   Poppa Rob took us all out for lunch at the Greet Door Cafe where everyone was so good & ate everything on their plates.  


Once lunch was over with we headed over to Owen Sound to do some back to school shopping.  My niece, Joanne, had told us about the Urban Kids store in the Mall so we headed over there first.

Liz was beyond impressed with the kids clothes and prices at Urban Kids.  We will be going back there again to shop next time they come up.  The kids were happy with the new clothes they got too.



Next stop was La Senza where everyone was bored expect for Liz and I.  I was getting Liz a little something for her upcoming Birthday, as it was much nicer to have her pick something out she would like for herself as a bit of a "treat" just for her.  Despite the boredom Connor & Briar had some fun doing some poses for me.


Finally out of the Mall we next headed on over to my Niece's boyfriend's house, as his neighbour raised Miniature Donkeys (which we used to have 3 of ourselves back in Waterloo when we had lived there).

We were all very excited about our visit with the Donkeys.  This little girl was only 6 weeks old.  What a Doll.  



I was absolutely so happy capturing this wonderful moment Chloe was having with this Donkey.  She was in her element.


After the Donkeys we headed over to Giant Tiger then to take the kids to Jones' Falls on our way back home.

Who doesn't love trails, Falls and a good cuppa tea.


This day had been a full day spent with my Blended Family, "heavy" on the full and a bit nutty too ...

... as you can tell by the Family Picture they posed for (have I ever mentioned what a "ham" our 7 year old Connor is? or can you tell yourself by this photo?)


Today was another fun packed day.  The kids had gone off to the Beach, the girls & I had some "just for girls" fun, and then an after dinner walk.

Now it is time for me to go watch the 2nd half of that movie, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. That would make a perfect family Christmas card, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos and lovely to see those miniature donkeys never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The miniature donkeys are adorable!

    Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit are among my favourite books, and I've loved what Peter Jackson has done bringing Middle Earth to life.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...