Sunday 24 August 2014

They Are HERE !!!

I headed down Hwy. 6 South this morning then over onto 9 going the back roads to get were I was going.  I left the house at 7:30 am and made it to Petersburg just over a couple of hours later where I met up with my Son, Paul.  

Today I was picking up our Grandsons, Aiden and Connor.

Paul and I were meeting to put in some time before I picked the boys up.  First stop was Costco along with my list.  You know when you go into a store like Costco one never sticks to their list, right?

The only thing I got that was off my list was Rye Bread and the SensiCool Pillows.  I LOVE Rye Bread, and if nobody has ever tried a Grilled Cheese on Rye Bread you don't know what you are missing out on.  2 loaves for $4.79 was a steal of a deal compared to our local store here.  The pillow?  I am always flipping my pillow trying to be cool, so I am hoping this pillow will be the solution.  Will keep you posted Vicki.


After Costco we checked out the Strip Mall across the way where some Name Brand Outlet Stores were.  SportChek had a huge sign for 50% off.  Paul and I went in to check it out.  I got a great deal on a pair of Ryka athletic shoes and Fila Socks.  I tried to pay for them, however the sales person got sidetracked as they were showing Paul a video of the DC owner street racing in San Francisco.  Boys will be boys, as I patiently waited for them to enjoy the video ... *smile*.


Next on our agenda had been lunch.  Paul was hungry.  Of to his favourite place for lunch .... the Red Lobster.  I joined the Red Lobster Club on my iphone, and we got a FREE appetizer or dessert.  We chose ...

.... the Shrimp Nachos.  Good thing we split them as it was lots !  Paul and I both had the lunch portion of Crab Linguine.  It had been a little bit too salty for my liking.  We both were full when we left ... and not to forget how "yummy" those Garlic Cheese Buns are.  Including beverages, taxes and tip our bill had only been $33.00


After our lunch we had time for a couple more stores before it was time to pickup Aiden and Connor.  Before 2 pm we had loaded up our boys, dropped their Daddy off at his car and were off heading North home to Poppa like a Herd of Turtles.

We made a "pit stop" along the way to get some Fresh Corn on the Cob for our Dinner.  Connor was ensuring there was no water in the ditch before he crossed over.  Yes the boys picked us out some pretty good cobs, and the price was right at $4.00 /dozen.


We made it home in good timing by 5 pm.  I am so HAPPY they are here !!!

The first place the boys went to was the outside toy box.  The next order of the day was to help Poppa chuck the corn.  Connor was into corn shucking so much by the look on his face.


While I got dinner going, the boys decided they would clean out the toy box, inside and out.  They did a really good job.  I had really needed a good cleaning.


Dinner was good.  Aiden had a Chicken Burger stuffed with Bacon and Cheese, along with a Cob of Corn, Connor had a Hot Dog with a Cob of Corn, I had a Turkey Burger with 2 Cobs of Corn, and Rob had a Hamburger with 4 Cobs of Corn.  Rob LOVES Corn on the Cob.

Portia got a new squeaky toy today.  It has 3 squeaks in it, and had been keeping her very occupied.  Bandit has been occupied with his Beef Knuckle Bone.  Everyone is happy.  Next trip to the Pet Store Lexus and Buddy get a treat for themselves.


Today before Paul and I parted ways we had to have a long overdue photo of us together.

Kids will never stop being kids no matter what the age, will they?


After Dinner and much playing it was bath time for the boys.

See the resemblance between the Father & the Son?  *smile*


Rob is in bed, well deserved, Aiden is building a puzzle, and Connor is playing cars.  I will be taking Miss Portia out soon, who by the way had been growing leaps and bounds the past 2 weeks, and then off to bed myself to try out that new Cool Gel Memory Pillow, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Awww what a great day! And I kinda had that figured out about Rob - he's forever bringing home corn on the cob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, rye bread's one type I've never liked.

    Portia's looking rather possessed while attacking the new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time with the cute boys, Cindy!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...