Thursday 16 October 2014

A Big Surprise !

It is that time of Year when you see many preparing and/or gathering whether it be squirrels, chipmunks, birds or other birds and/or mammals, in preparation for the upcoming Winter.

This is part of the reason I love growing Sunflowers when I can look out in our Yard at this time of year to the beautiful colour of the saucy Bluejays.


The Sandhill Cranes were congregating before their long trip South.  Find some interesting facts about their Autumn Migratory habits, just *click* HERE.


Out in my travels  today I also came across one of our pups from last Year's Litter from Mercedes and Buddy.  Rusty loves his walks with his human Grandpa.


Even though the weather seemed a bit gloomy today, my day was brightened up a bit with a beautiful Cala Lily my friend Pari gifted me, as well as the flowering plant I had bought for myself yesterday.  Colours and Life can tend to make one feel better at times, as well as the thoughtfulness of a loving friend.


I had a big surprise around Supper time when my girlfriend, Vicki, called to tell me my son Paul was on the Kitchener News.  We turned on to the Kitchener CTV station however had just missed it.  Then my sister-in-law, Delores, sent me a text telling me also Paul  had been on TV.

Thanks to Liz, Paul's fiance, for finding it online we did get to see the news coverage.  The link to it can be found by *clicking* HERE.  It is kind of cool seeing your Son on the News.

I tried a couple of times today to get up to see my Mother, however there seemed to always be something crop up to interfere me doing so.  Hopefully on the weekend I will get in, as I need to take her in a Tim Horton's coffee and also tell her the news of my Auntie Pearlina's passing.

I also decided today I would go to the Gateway Haven's Christmas Bazaar this Tuesday coming.  Should anyone else like to also attend the information is as follows:

GATEWAY HAVEN LADIES AUXILIARY BAZAAR

671 Frank Street Wiarton

Tuesday October 21 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. 

Tea Room ~ Vendors ~ White Elephant Table 

Join us for a head start on some Christmas Shopping…meet up with friends…enjoy a hot beverage and a treat in the “Tea Room”

EVERYONE WELCOME!


I am going to call it a night here now, as I am feeling quite tired with it getting dark earlier and earlier not helping any, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. Rusty looks happy!

    I don't think I've ever seen sandhill cranes here, but I suppose it's knowing where to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandhills congregate here too,they have such a distinctive sound!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...