Thursday 23 October 2014

Down for the Count

This morning I was awake at 5, up by 7 and out the door by 8:45 am.  How did my day you might wonder?  Not worth a dang, dang, triple dang, as my lower back is so swollen it had me in tears a couple of times today, but do you know what ?

... I was still able to drink in the beauty most of this day.  


With what has been going on in Ontario these past couple of days, regardless of pain, how can someone not be blessed to waking up each morning?  I most certainly try to count my blessing each day, do you?

There are days when I get photos sent to me by text by my soon to be Daughter-in-law which not only make me smile, but also warm my heart.

Here is Misssy Mercedes with our Chloe, who had been playing hospital with each other this day.  Mercedes had broken her leg and Chloe had bandaged (in toilet paper of course), then headed in for an x-ray appointment.  Ah the fun of imagination and being a child ... I long for those days again at times.


Even though there are days when I "dont' feel" like it, or "couldn't be bothered" I am fortunate to have such great Australian Shepherd Dogs.

There usually isn't a day that goes by that they do not give me their unconditional love.  This is our Bandit, who not only turned 9 Years old this past June, he is going to be a father come this December.  Yes, Lexus and Bandit will be parents again the week of Christmas Days with puppies available for new Forever Homes mid-February.  Puppies are always exciting, are they not? and I have also been informed the grandkids will be coming here this Christmas, so that will make it all that more exciting !


We pretty much can't say Portia is little any more as she is growing upwards pretty quickly now she is 4 months old.  I took a look in her mouth today and she has lost quite a number of her baby teeth ... more then likely a couple from chewing my $100.00 Bluetooth headset the other night.  *sigh*  She is pictured here after eating her Yogurt and Diatomaceous Earth, and looking for more.


Interested in knowing more about Diatomaceous Earth (FOOD GRADE ONLY)  for your pet?  please do so by *clicking* HERE.

I had been downtown Wiarton this morning at 9 am for a photo op for the Wiarton District Chamber of  Commerce with regards to the Facelift the Berford Street Parkette is getting through grants and most generous donars.

Pictured here are a few of the Committee members, along with a few of the Sponsors, including Bruce the Spruce.

Cindy Walker (Lions Club), JD Everest (Everest Nurseries), Val Mitchell (Lions Club), Patrick Sutter (Home Building Centre), Gail Ermel (Lions Club), Steve Fox (Lions Club),
Wyn Chivers (Wiarton Revitalization Committee), Carl De Jong (Home By Design), Jack Van Dorp (Spruce the Bruce), Danielle Mulasmajic (Town of South Bruce Peninsula), Kari Korpikoski (Wiarton Revitalization Committee), Liz Ples (Wiarton & District Chamber of Commerce).


The Berford Street Parkette will be amazing by the time the Santa Claus Parade rolls around on the 6th of December this Year.  What would our Communities do without organizers, committees, sponsors, and most importantly VOLUNTEERS?  I am afraid we would be in disarray, do you not care to  agree?

This afternoon I spent in bed sleeping.  My back is still by far in much stress, however I will be trying to rest it as much as I am able to the next couple of days.

I am off and running, NOT, again wrapping up another day here, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you are having back trouble. That is no fun. Feel well soon. Bess

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a gorgeous view! I have to say Bandit looks like proud of himself, fathering another litter of puppies. Can't wait to see them! Talk about perfect timing (Christmas!) Hope your pain eases soon - I had years of chronic back pain and it can really get you down.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...