Sunday 7 December 2014

Embrace Each Day

I was up at 4:30 am taking Portia out.  I was up at 6:30 am taking Lexus, Bandit, Buddy, and Portia out.  I did something I very seldom do ... I went back to bed and stayed there until 9 am.

Today I made the bed, did some dishes and nothing more.  I started get ready for the 2 pm Funeral in Sauble Beach at 12:30, as my brother, Allan, was picking me up at 1:30 pm.  Out and in with the Aussies before he arrived and I left.

Today was my Father's first cousin's wife's funeral.  June Cutting 1932-2014, may you now Rest in Peace and be far away from the pain you endured with amazing strength.

The Zion United Church had been overflowing with people.  The service was well done by the Minister, the Eulogies were heartwarming tugging at many hearts.  Afterwards the luncheon had a full house.  June Cutting was well liked in the Community, and very much loved by her Family and close Friends.

I arrived back home before 4 pm.  I had a Peanut Butter Sandwich and a couple of Mandarin oranges.

I am ready for bed as I sit here barely keeping my eyes open.  Should I reflect back on this day I would say this morning was bitter cold with winds from the East, the afternoon service warm with many people paying their respects with much love and sadness within.

Embrace each day as you own it, as tomorrow arrives too fast should it come.

**How is everyone doing on the 52 Week Money Challenge?  We are nearing the end, and how quick the time has gone.  Only 3 more weeks to go !!!  Since we bought our new recliners with the largest portion of the savings, we have yet to decide what to do with the remaining come 3 weeks.  More food for thought.  What will you be doing with your 52 Week Savings?

I am looking to do the 52 Week Money Challenge again come the New Year, and will post about it again at that time.

That is all she wrote, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. A funeral's never an easy experience to go through. It'll exhaust anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Williams fight
    Sleep
    And sleep well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using our 52 week challenge money to pay the rest of the cost for our cruise this fall. It has been a real challenge to make the payments this year as I am putting away for both Barry and I. And we have had some extra expenses this Fall. However I am keeping up! Alice J.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...