Saturday 20 December 2014

The Festive Five

I was having the most wonderful sleep last night until .... about midnight when our Portia needed out (she has been so good lately, not sure what's going on  now with her).  Just back to bed when Rob comes in to say, "did you know there were puppies?"  I answered, "yes, I figured she would have had them tonight".  All the signs had been there yesterday.

Pleased to introduce you all to ....

The "Festive Five" 2014 Litter.  
From left to right, red tri female, black tri male, blue Merle male, blue Merle female & blue Merle female (light like her daddy, Bandit).  
A very healthy shiny bunch they are.  Mama Lexus is doing a fine job of being a great mama.


The Blue Merle Male already has a new FOREVER HOME, and will be heading there in 8 weeks on Valentine's Day 2015.  A very lucky boy indeed he is.


Today I got 2 load of laundry done.  When I took out the 2nd load I realized that something was terribly wrong with my washing machine of only 5 years old.  A belt around the inside tub of my front loader was in pieces .... ARHHHHH really I do not need this with a machine not even yet close to 10 years old !!!  never mind being without a washing machine.

Of all appliances to go !!!  a stove would be easier as at least there is always a slow cooker or BBQ as back up, but a washing machine ? NO, I am not going to be using my Mom's old washing board no matter what.  Final answer.

Now do I try to find a repair man over the Holidays? or do I just give up and try to find a replacement washing machine?  Who knows what to do when things do not last as they should?

My girlfriend, Colleen, her sister and I were all to meet at 2 pm at the Green Door Cafe downtown Wiarton for lunch today.  Colleen was not feeling good today, so we have put it off until after the holidays.

I did manage to slip out this afternoon to have a coffee with another girlfriend.  That was fun and gave me a bit of a break.  After I had returned home a couple came by to inquire about the puppies.  The afternoon went by fairly quickly.

I managed to get lots of dog hair swept up from the floors, as well as a bit of dusting done.  Never fear there is still lots to be done, especially since I had been out of commission almost 4 days this past week.

This evening I think I will make a coffee, sit back to relax and pickup the, over two year old project, knitting needles for a couple of rows, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...