Saturday 21 March 2015

Home Again Home Again

Last evening, after dinner, we all  went for a walk, as in Liz, Paul, Aiden, Connor, Mercedes, Bandit and I.  I never took my camera along  so missed the "puddle" shots.  The other kids had been gone to their grandmas for an overnight.

Back home we all got ready for bed.  It ended up just Connor, Aiden and I staying up to watch the Transformers Movie.  Connor fell asleep so Aiden and I toughed it out to the very end.  I got all filled in on which transformer was which.  Now I really know who Bumblebee is, and which transformer dinosaur is Aiden's favourite, being the one with all the teeth and spears out of its back.

Sleep did not come to me between street lights, a furnace running and a light in the kitchen left on for the boys.  They were camping out on the floor and I was on the couch in the living room.  Yes the three of us were "roughing" it.  Bandit and Mercedes got to sleep upstairs in the bedroom, in comfort.

This morning both Liz and Paul left for work.  The boys had breakfast and played video while I cleaned up and got ready to take them to bowling for 9:15 am where we were meeting their Mom, Holly.

I had not been at their bowling before and was very excited to go.

We were having fun !


Aiden bowled 194 today !


Connor bowled 105, I think !


Not only are they in bowling, they are  also in soccer and going to also be trying out basketball this Year.

At 10 am I met my great nephew, Riley & his Grandma Sue at the New Hamburg Tim Hortons.  Riley drove back home with me.  He is excellent company and it went very quickly.

Actually Riley went back to watch more of the boy's games with me.  Before we left town we stopped in at the Maple Grove Cheese Factory in New Hamburg to get his Grandma Nancy & my brother, Al (Grandpa) some Limburger Cheese & Cooked Cheese.  We also stopped at the Pet store to get Bandit a bone for the ride home.

Poor Bandit was out of the door and first one in the van this morning as much as he loves the kids, he was going to make darn sure he was not going to be left behind !

Both Mercedes & Bandit were close by my side most of our visit.


Home again, home again,  we got home before 2 pm today.  Needless to say I am tired and I came home to a very messy house, but really it was all worth having the boys and seeing all five of the kids together for a bit of a birthday celebration.

Rob had called me this morning on my way home to tell me Sears had called.  We have had comfort problems with the Tempur-Pedic mattress we had purchased 6 months ago.  It had a 20 year warranty, and they had sent out a person on Thursday to check it out.  It had depressed 3/4 of a inch since we purchased it, which should not have happened, it was also "lumpy".

The reason Sears called was to tell us to come in to pick out another mattress.  Happy they honored the warranty, and so quickly within 2 days of someone being here.  Good show !  but I can not believe this will be our 3rd new mattress set with 14 months !!!!  Crazy, but really for the kind of money you put out on a good mattress comfort is important and should be the purpose behind a mattress.

I suppose tomorrow we will be going mattress shopping, with me cleaning and doing laundry as well.

Rob had a nice Roast Beef in the Crock Pot, along with potato, carrot and turnip, for our Dinner this evening.  Nice I didn't have to think about what we were going to have this evening.  Thanks Rob ! xx

My poor neck and fibro pain was out of this World today, between all the driving the past couple of days.  I hot shower late this afternoon helped somewhat, and hopefully a good night's rest ahead of me, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

4 comments:

  1. This week with the boys seemed to fly by...at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the week just flew by. Rest up for a couple of days.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a nice week with the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems you did enjoy having the kids around. It's been a long time since I've bowled.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...