Saturday 20 June 2015

Only The Pillows ....

The phone rang at 3:31 am this morning waking both Rob and I out of our sleep.  Rob got up and went to collect the person in need.  I never did get back to sleep until much later, then to be woken by the phone again at 7:00 am.  That was sleeping in for me, and let me tell you I was not only in pain all day I was beyond exhausted dang it all ! but so was poor Rob.

So goes the Life of The Crabby Cabbie and his "not so crabby" Wife.

What did I get really accomplished today? really only the pillows off our bed washed.  I also got the dishes washed, along with the covered pedestal cake plate to pack up and put in the van to take down for the Wedding, in ONLY TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY I will be on the dance floor with my Grandchildren !!!

Wednesday had been Portia's first birthday, and dang it all I had forgotten on the day of.  This morning we had to have a little Birthday Celebration for her.

Even Bandit gave one of his award winning Aussie smiles in celebration of Portia's Birthday.  Yes she had treats and actually had a very nice bone just the other day.


It was almost 7 pm when I headed down to my Cousin Peggy's as she was going to walk with me tonight.  We accomplished maybe 2 miles, as we got side tracked by going into The Painted Turtle and Balloon Headquarters to see owners, Wenda and Cathy.

They had gotten some new tops in the other day, which really worked in Peggy's favour as she needed something for a function she is attending next weekend.  She had fun trying on different styles & colours.  I am really not too sure exactly which ones she ended up with, as I had been visiting in the store with Cathy and another customer.  Never a dull moment when you go into The Painted Turtle.  More on it by *clicking* HERE.


A highlight of my day was it beginning with an email I received from my Aunt Gerry and Uncle Reg, which I will now share with all my beautiful FAMILY & FRIENDS; thank you for sharing your Beauty with me. xoxoxo

Here it is:

Did you know that it's Beautiful Women’s Month? You are one of them! Below is a wonderful poem Audrey Hepburn wrote when asked to share her 'beauty tips.'
It was read at her funeral years later.
For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

Thanks Aunt Gerry & Uncle Reg for starting my day off in such a great way ! it had been a lift I needed and I hope I live my life by following all those Beauty Tips.

I am feeling a wee on the tired side, but much better then I had this afternoon, as the walk had helped. I did make my 10,000 step goal today also.

After the start this day got off to I must admit even though only the pillows got done, it turned out to be a pretty good day after all, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.


1 comment:

  1. It can't help getting phone calls at any hour of the night disrupting your sleep.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...